MCI International Cricket Camp – Thailand
Camp Dates: Wed 3rd April to Fri 12th April 2013 (Easter)
Book now to attend this superb MCI International Cricket Camp. The camp will be held at The Three Generations Cricket Academy in Chiang Mai, Thailand, which has a wealth of cricket and leisure facilities.
The camp will be hosted by MCI Coaches Ian Pont and Andy McGarry, offering an outstanding 10-day camp of world-class bowling and batting coaching, which includes:
- 50-over and T20 matches
- Video analysis of bowling and batting actions
- ABSAT coaching for pace bowlers
- Fielding practice and training
- Grooving and drill work
- Technical and tactical coaching
- How to build an innings
- How to create and cope with pressure
- How to develop game plans
- What to do in a crisis, thought processes and solutions
- Discover how to maximise your talent
- How to be creative
- Shot selection and shot execution
- How to bowl defensively and aggressively
- Training and fitness, plus much, much more
The camp will cover the 5 key areas for developing your talent - technical, tactical, physical, mental and lifestyle.
The Camp is available to junior players (around district standard or above) and seniors players (club or higher standard).
You will arrive on Wednesday (PM) 3rd April (if departing from UK, departure will be Tues 2nd April).
You will depart on Friday (PM) 12th April (if arriving into the UK, arrival will be Saturday 13th April).
The Camp is based at the northern end of one of the most prestigious International Residential Schools in South East Asia, so has a large and secure campus environment.
The camp offers international standard cricket facilities including cricket nets, practice nets, turf wickets, bowling machines, meeting rooms, pavilion and a fully fenced oval.
Accommodation & Leisure Facilities
Accommodation is quiet, comfortable and secure with 24-hour nursing available and security service.
Attendees will have their own bedroom within a shared 2 or 4 bedroom apartment. Each apartment has shared bathrooms i.e. 2 bedrooms to 1 bathroom. Apartment sharing will be age appropriate (separate juniors to seniors).
All apartments are in small blocks and located together. MCI Coaches will also be based in the apartment block, so the group remain in close proximity.
- Olympic-sized swimming pool
- Multi-use Gymnasium
- Fitness Room
- Golf putting, chipping and driving range
- Tennis Courts
- Running Track and Playing Fields
There is also a Mini Mart available for snacks and toiletries, an ATM (service till) and Wireless Internet.
This outstanding combination of coaching, accommodation, cricket and leisure facilities makes this an experience not to be missed.
- Accommodation and Breakfast
- Lunch and Dinner (international, vegetarian or thai cuisine available as buffet, set meals or lunch at cricket facilities)
- Water during cricket sessions
- Laundry (6 pieces per day)
- Transportation to/from campus from Chiang Mai Airport
- One leisure / sightseeing day trip
- All cricket coaching, nets, matches, etc
- Use of on-site leisure facilities
Total Cost: £899
- Airfare is not inclusive. Currently, a flight from London to Chiang Mai is approx £800 (this will vary)
- Non-cricket refreshments and snacks
- Travel Insurance (You must have travel insurance for overseas sporting activities)
- Airline charges for a cricket Bag
For those travelling from other countries to attend, please adhere to arrival and departure dates accordingly.
Airline group/companion travel is available from London, with our MCI Coaches Ian Pont and/or Andy McGarry. To co-ordinate, we will put you in touch with our travel agent, so travel can be booked alongside coaches’ flight.
A £200 deposit will hold your place, with the balance due 10 weeks prior to the camp (more details on our Booking Form including payment in instalments).
Download your Booking Form HERE
Experience the atmosphere and gain the professional cricket knowledge that is offered on an MCI International Cricket Camp.
MCI Coaches Information
International Cricket Coach – see Who is Ian Pont for full details.
Andy made his first-class debut with Essex CCC in 1999. Recently playing Minor Counties cricket for Suffolk.
Andy is an ABSAT (Advanced Bio Mechanics Speed & Accuracy Training) and MCI Coach who supports Ian Pont each year at the MCI Academy and regional Pace Bowling Workshops.
Ex- Essex CCC Coach, qualified ECB Level 3 Staff Coach and ECB Tutor Coach. Andy coaches pace bowling, spin and batting and is an excellent tactical coach.